Divorce And Family Law Representation Tailored To Your Needs And Goals
When it may seem impossible to continue your marriage, you may be considering divorce. Whether you have filed for divorce already or need help understanding the process, let go of what’s stressing you out by seeking help from a divorce lawyer at Maitland & English Law Firm, PLLC. If you live in Raleigh, Chapel Hill, Durham, Research Triangle Park or neighboring communities, our team is here to help you face difficult legal matters, including divorce and family law issues.
Types Of Divorce Matters That Often Arise
As insightful and respected lawyers in North Carolina, we have experience in handling all types of divorce matters and issues related to the divorce, including:
- Property division: Our firm helps clients understand how assets and property are divided between the parties during a divorce.
- Child custody and visitation: We have settled more than 500 cases of child custody till now and helped clients in getting the custody arrangement that is in the best interest of a child.
- Child support: While child support amounts are set by the state and calculated by a formula, we can help you understand how this affects your life and your children.
- Spousal support/alimony: Spousal support (also called alimony) is the amount of money paid from one spouse to the other during the divorce process and after, but is not required or needed in all cases.
- Enforcement and modification of orders: After a divorce has been finalized, there is a process through which the orders created (such as child custody or child support) can be enforced or modified if a change in circumstances of one of the parties occurs.
- Separation agreements: In the event when you do not wish to divorce, a separation agreement may be right for you, as it would allow you to set boundaries with your spouse as you live separately but still married.
- Prenuptial agreements: If you have a prenup or are looking to have one created, our firm can help you understand how these agreements work and how they can protect your assets in the event a divorce occurs.
In some cases, the spouse seeking divorce is motivated by a desire to get out of an abusive environment. Here too we can assist you. You can consult us and discuss your situation thoroughly. After that, we will seek an order for protection to shield you from further domestic violence.
Mediation, Negotiation Or Litigation In Divorce Cases
In our experience, it is typically in everyone’s best interest for the divorcing parties to reach a settlement as amicably as possible. In this regard, we have extensive experience in mediation and negotiation. However, we also recognize that not all divorce issues can be settled in this manner. By their nature, divorce cases involve emotionally charged issues, and often the environment becomes contentious. If your former partner is not amenable to reaching an agreement voluntarily, we have the litigation experience necessary to protect your interests in court.
Get The Legal Advice You Need
Call 919-265-0800 or email us to get in touch with experienced divorce attorneys of Maitland & English Law Firm, PLLC. You can learn more about your options in these and other family law issues, as well as things to consider if you are thinking about filing for divorce.