Ryan J. Mumper
Location: Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Ryan J. Mumper’s practice is focused primarily in the areas of business law and real estate. He is licensed and admitted to the North Carolina State Bar.
Ryan received his J.D. from the University of Georgia School of Law as a scholar in the Business Law & Ethics program. There, he served as Competition Chair of the Georgia Law Negotiations Team, finishing as Runner-up in the South Texas Energy Law Negotiation Competition and National Semi-Finalist in the 2018 American Bar Association Negotiation Competition. Ryan also served as Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Intellectual Property Law. A Chapel Hill native, Ryan graduated from Chapel Hill High School in 2011 and received a B.A. in Public Policy, with distinction, from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 2015.
As an undergraduate, Ryan interned at Maitland & English, where he gained a unique perspective on the business and client-management sides of the legal industry. In law school, Ryan interned in business and foreclosure law firms, worked with in-house counsel at a major mortgage compliance company in Florida, and clerked for Judge Eric Norris of the Western Judicial Circuit of Georgia. As our newest associate, Ryan pulls from these varied and unique experiences to contribute to the Maitland & English team.
Ryan lives in Chapel Hill and enjoys giving back to the community and University. Ryan is also an avid Tar Heels fan.
Areas of Practice
- Commercial Real Estate
- Residential Real Estate
- Business Law
- Civil Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- North Carolina, 2019
- University of Georgia School of Law, Athens, Georgia
- Business Law & Ethics Program
- D. – 2018
- University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC
- A. – 2015
Honors and Awards
- Publication: Limb Law: Licensing Solutions for the Prosthetic Industry’s Patentability and Cost Crisis, INTELL. PROP. L. (2018).
- University of Georgia Law School Association Scholarship
- 2018 ABA Negotiation Competition, National Semi-Finalist
- 2017 South Texas College of Law Energy Negotiation Competition, Runner-Up
Professional Associations and Memberships
- North Carolina State Bar, 2019 – Present
- North Carolina Bar Association, 2019 – Present
- Orange County Bar Association, 2019 – Present
- 15B Bar Association, 2019 – Present
- Sigma Phi Epsilon