Michele Lynn English
Michele English's practice is focused in the areas of real estate law; wills, trusts, and estates; taxation; elder law; and family law. She is licensed and admitted to the North Carolina State Bar. She is also admitted to practice in the United States Tax Court. Michele is a member of the Orange County Bar Association and the 18th Judicial District Bar.
Michele received a Master of Laws In Taxation (LL.M.) degree from The University of Florida Fredric G. Levin College of Law in Gainesville, FL; her J.D., cum laude, from Florida A&M University College of Law in Orlando, FL; and a B.A. in English, cum laude, from Coastal Carolina University in Conway, SC.
During her time at the Maitland & English Law Firm, Michele has focused on providing personalized solutions to each and every client for a wide range of legal issues. Michele has served as the head of the firm's real estate department since 2017. Additionally, Michele has advised numerous clients on current tax and estate planning laws and strategies and has managed to incorporate and apply these concepts into her other areas of practice as well.
Outside of work, Michele enjoys spending time with her family and enjoying anything and everything sports related, especially when the North Carolina Tar Heels are involved.
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, Gainesville, Florida
- LL.M. - 2012
- Major: Taxation
- Florida A&M University College of Law, Orlando, Florida
- J.D. - 2011
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Graduated in Top 10% of Graduating Class
- Honors: Florida A&M University College of Law, Staff Editor, 2009-2011
- Coastal Carolina University, Conway, South Carolina
- B.A. - 2005
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Palmetto Fellows Scholarship Recipient
- North Carolina State Bar, 2011 to Present
- Orange County Bar Association, 2012 to Present (Prior President)
- 18th Judicial District Bar, 2012 to Present
Current Employment Position
- Real Estate, including Residential and Commercial Closings
- Estate Planning, including Living Wills, Powers of Attorney and Appointment, Wills, and Trusts
- Estate Administration
- Elder Law
- Family Law, including Divorce, Child Custody and Support, Alimony and Spousal Support, and Separation and Prenuptial Agreements
- Contract Review
- Taxation, including Estate and Gift Tax, Income Tax, Excise Tax, Property Tax, and Sales and Use Tax
- Business Formations
- North Carolina, 2011
- U.S. Tax Court, 2012