Your Orange County Elder Law Attorney and Estate Planning Lawyer
As we age, there are two main areas of concern for many of us: our assets and our health. One is simply not as enjoyable without the other. Our experienced elder law attorneys will work with you to protect both for as long as possible.
The Maitland Law Firm, PLLC located in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, offers estate planning, probate and other elder law services to those throughout the Triangle. As our client, we can provide you with the following legal services:
- Asset Protection
- Minimizing Taxation Consequences from Gift Tax, Inheritance Tax and Capital Gains Tax
- Prepare Health Care Directives
- Powers of Attorney and Durable Powers of Attorney
- Wills and Living Wills
- Trusts and Living Trusts
- Probate and Estate Administration
To have your elder law questions answered and to develop an elder care plan, contact The Maitland Law Firm, PLLC to speak to an experienced Chapel Hill elder law attorney.
Long-Term Care Concerns for North Carolina Residents
For many families, it is a good strategy to transfer assets to the adult children or other beneficiaries three years prior to the need for assisted living or nursing home care. A trust is a good way to transfer wealth by minimizing or eliminating federal and state of North Carolina taxes, while still maintaining your control and enjoyment of the funds you have worked so hard to create.
There are other types of services that an experienced elder law attorney can provide. At The Maitland Law Firm, PLLC we can help:
- Ensure that you qualify for Medicare
- Set up the finances and the terms for assisted living
- Assist you with long-term health care options
- Prepare health care directives
- Designate an individual with powers of attorney or durable powers of attorney
- Act as guardians or trustees